Vinho Verde Encosta do Xisto - Loureiro White Wine
Portuguese white wine Vinho Verde
One truly appreciated white wine Vinho Verde.
This special white wine Vinho Verde it’s only produced with the Loureiro grapes from our own vineyard.
In the mouth it’s a fresh wine with lemon and soft tropical fruits notes. It’s long and persistent.
One wine to be drunk with fish dishes and seafood.
White Wine Vinho Verde
Classification: D.O.C. Vinho Verde
Type: Vinho Verde / White – Select Harvest
Brand name: Encosta do Xisto - Loureiro
Acidity: 6,7 g/dm3
Sugar: <1,5 g/dm3
ABV: 12 % Vol.
Varieties: 100% Loureiro
Region: North of Portugal Vinho Verde Region
Soil type: Granite derived
Climate: Mediterranean with Atlantic influence
Type: Hand picking
Fermentation: Stainless steel.
Maturation: In stainless steel vessels at 8°C.
Colour: Citrus with greenish reflexes.
Nose: Floral, citrus with tropical fruit senses enhancing peach.
Palate: Yellow lemon citrus with soft notes of tropical fruits. Long and persistent. Freshness induced by moderated acidity.
Consumption temperature recommended: 8/10 °C
We recommend that this Loureiro white wine will be enjoyed with seafood dishes and fish dishes.
Grape variety grown in almost every region and best suited to coastal areas.
Ancient and of high-quality, produces wines of citrus color, a fine, elegant aroma, ranging from fruity citrus (lemon) to floral (freesia and rose) and molasses (bouquet), with a fruity flavor with slight acidity, fresh, harmonious, full-bodied and persistent.
- “Green Honor” Medal in the Wine Competition from the Viticulture Commission of the Vinho Verde Region (CVRVV) in 2015
- Bronze Medal in International Wine Challenge (IWC) 2014 in UK
- Silver Medal in Mundus Vini 2013 in Germany
- Silver Medal in Wine Master Challenge 2011 in Estoril
- Commended in International Wine Challenge (IWC) 2011
- 87/100 points and “Best Buy” distinction by the Brazilian wine magazine “Adega”
- Gold Medal in National Competition for Bottled Wine 2010 in Portugal (Santarém)
- Silver Medal in Wine Master Challenge 2010 in Estoril
- Bronze Medal in International Wine Challenge (IWC) in London
- 83,81/100 points in Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
- Green Honor” Medal in the Wine Competition from the Viticulture Commission of the Vinho Verde Region of 2010
In the properties, with about 24 hectares of vineyards, you can find the best grape varieties of the region, giving rise to white wines (Loureiro, Alvarinho, Trajadura and Pedernã), much respected in the region.
The harvest is carried out manually, with the separation of grape varieties, to allow a separated vinification, for later the lots being made in accordance with the characteristics of the wines produced.
In our estate, in the north of Portugal, you can find the cellar where all our Vinho Verde is made, with the most recent processes, using exclusively grapes from our own vineyards.
The Vinho Verde
Vinho Verde is unique in the world.
Its vibrant freshness, elegance, lightness and aromatic and flavorful expressions, especially its fruity and floral notes, are the characteristics that define and differentiate Vinho Verde.
Exclusively produced in the demarcated region of Vinho Verde in northwestern Portugal, it is only produced from the indigenous grape varieties of the region, preserving its typicity of aromas and flavors as unique in the world of wine.
White Vinho Verde wines are citrus or straw-colored with rich, fruity and floral aromas, depending on the grapes that are used. They have a balanced palate, and are intense and very refreshing.
This wine Vinho Verde is suitable for pairing with vegetarian meals. The wine is certified by The Vegan Society.
- 6 Bottles
- 600 Bottles
You might also like